- This event has passed.
Thoughts About Prayer
July 20, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
In accordance with our belief in the Fourth principle: “A free and responsible search for truth and meaning,” come and join a new discussion about prayer. It’s not a class, working group, or committee.The only requirement is to come with an open mind, ready to listen, question, discuss, and share with honesty and curiosity. Everyone is welcome HERE on Wednesdays, July 13, 20 and 27 at 7pm. Please register with Steve Loudermilk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-325-2525). But if you forget to register, come anyway!
- What is prayer?
- Why should we pray?
- Are there different kinds of prayer?
- Do you have to believe in God to pray?
- What do Unitarian Universalists believe about prayer?
- How do major religions view prayer differently?
- Should prayers be spoken or silent, narrated or personal?
- Does it make sense to pray for outcomes to life situations?
- Does prayer really produce results?
- Isn’t prayer just asking God to solve our problems for us?
- What is your prayer experience?
- Are prayer and meditation the same?
- Is there a value in collective prayer?
VIEW PAST WORSHIP SERVICES HERE.