- This event has passed.
ADORE (A Dialogue on Race and Ethnicity)
March 9, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
In this forum, we explore our feelings on racial and ethnic issues to learn more about ourselves and about people who may have different feelings.
Optional potluck at 6:30 P.M
Discussion begins at 7:00 P.M.
Open Discussion Period
Participants are encouraged to share and discuss events or situations that prompted them to reflect upon their own racial identity.
Facilitator lead discussions include:
- What one change would you make to the “Black Lives Matter” movement to make it more effective? (Reading provided)
- What is your take away from:
- the ”Confederate Cornerstone” speech of Alexander H. Stephens on March 21, 1861, and
- the theme of the Alt-Right groups on U.S. college campuses in 2017? (Readings provided)
- Which of the events listed in the “Month of March in American history” affected race/ethnic relations?(List provided)
VIEW PAST WORSHIP SERVICES HERE.